1. Sex is not the topic of conversation all the time. You must have more in common than just sex. Now I don’t mean that there is a time limit of when this topic can be discussed but it can’t always be the main topic of conversation. When sex is not the main topic of conversation, and you two find yourself talking about life, hobbies, love, fun, and everything that you two have in common, then foundation is being established.
2. The person actually calls you on the phone! Whoa, I mean this person dials your number to hear your voice to have a conversation. Now, I know this may make you nervous and you don’t know what to do when the phone rings but answer it and give it a try. This way of communication will eliminate confusion that most people incur when they only message each other
3. You rather hang out with him/her instead of your friends. When you have more fun, laugh more, have better experiences, and get butterflies before every meet. These feelings are clear indicators of LOVE.
4. Understanding is shown instead of judgement. You will never agree with everything someone may do or say, but you should not judge a person if it’s not something you agree with. You should always have some understanding as to why certain things were handled and said a certain way. I will not tell you to compromise your morals and values but if you're not compromising, you must show understanding.
5. Both of you are willing to pay. You should never always have to pay for the date or anything that you two are sharing in experience. If you find yourself ALWAYS paying, without an offer from him/her to pay, then RUN!! Regardless of your financial status the person you’re with should at least offer to help or pay for the date. If they never offer then you are setting yourself up for a selfish relationship.
6. You’ve been introduced to a special someone in their life. When you are introduced to people that they hold in high regard, they now hold you in high regard as well.
7. Public affection is always an indicator. Showing affection in front of strangers is not easy for most, and to have comfort in showing affection in public is a big step.
8.The word “WE” is being used more than I. When you’re included in every decision, discussion, and all plans. This means that the person sees a future with you. He/she mentions you or includes you in everything going on in their life.
9. Total support in everything you want to do. No matter what it may be he/she will be in your corner and assisting you in accomplishing all goals and dreams.
10. When all of the above is being done CONSISTENTLY then you are in the right situation. The 9 things listed above can’t just happen over a period of time and then stop. These things must happen all the time. Don’t accept a drop off of one of those 9 things.
Written By: Ronald Anthony Wilson